Your Campaign VideoFundsition
To ensure your CSF Offer is a success, you will need to prepare several marketing assets to excite and drive engagement, these are important for the EOI and CSF Offer campaigns.
After you have read this, there is a button below, which will take you to a page where you can review the Campaign Timeline and load up the assets required.
Let’s have a look at the process:
- Read the info below and review the Marketing Campaign Timeline
- Prepare the assets we request
- Liaise with FUNDSITION throughout the process
Let’s review the key assets required
Investors now expect video to help them make a more informed and educated decision with with an investors ‘path to invest’.
It is now standard across all Equity Crowdfunding platforms to use video to communicate the narrative and the Offer. The real benefit is that it allows for potential investors to connect with your business and the owners at an emotive level.
Our approach at FUNDSITION
To ensure you get value for your investment, the video content we produce for the raise can also be used post the raise as a promo segment for you business.
Therefore we use the following strategy:
- Produce a flagship video around 180 seconds and can be viewed by the public pre, during and post the raise, its role is to get the potential investor excited about your business and lay the foundation for the ‘Offer’ – its also perfect for advertising the raise through digital channels
- Produce one or several short ‘Support Videos’ that can be rolled out during the Offer campaign to generate on-going engagement, refer to “What’s Newsworthy” below for some ideas
As we can advertise the offer directly to the public, the teaser video is critical to drive the initial engagement and interest.
The first step is to speak with a team member at FUNDSITION after you have read the following.
Pre-production (preparing your video)
- Decide on video style, options and budget
- Provide requested information for scripting
- Provide logos in a hi res jpeg and a png file with no background
- Provide any existing videos or footage that could be used
- Sign off on scripts and locations
- Practice answers to questions
- Confirm available shoot dates and location
- Liaise with production person and FUNDSITION
- Ensure the location is stable and no conflicting noise
- Ensure cameraman has easy access to location on the day, he will have equipment to carry
- Video shoot – on location
- Review first edit, further edits when needed
- Offer Company sign off
- FUNDSITION provides dislaimer
- Goes to FUNDSITION for sign off
What you need to think about and prepare
- To make video engaging we need as much ‘eye candy’ as possible, we call this overlay footage, think about what exciting footage could be shot to tell your story
- Practice in front of the mirror and give energy to your answers, remember you need to sell yourself as well
- Although you feel you are being animated, it’s always significantly reduced on screen
- Keep the answers to the questions succinct, its more engaging and we can cover more
- When you state a fact or make a claim, you need to be able to reference it, sometimes it’s safer to say “in the directors opinion, we believe the following”
Options and costs
Producing quality video is not cheap, but we have access to lower industry rates that you can benefit from.
There are also costs within a video that aren’t considered like the scripting, opener and closer, voice-overs, music and additional stock footage.
The following prices will give you an indication:
- Full day video shoot with equipment will range from $800 to $1,200
- A half day shoot which is the minimum, will vary from $400 to $600
- Editing is $90 per hour
- Additional costs for scripting, music, voice-overs and stock footage will vary from
As you can see there is quite a variance as every project is unique, but we will work with you to make it as cost-effective as possible.
Imagery is key to telling a visual story about your business, its products, services, industry, people, locations etc. Make sure you have plenty of images that can be used and represent your business.
Graphics are a great way to showcase information about your business, the market and the industry.
DATABASE FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Achieving early interest is essential for the success of your raise, we want to make sure that when it goes live, investors will immediately start investing. When potential investors see that the Offer is getting traction, they will be more inclined to invest.
Your database could include:
- Family and friends
- Customers you know or already have on your database
- People from your business network
- Staff and their colleagues/network
- Your suppliers and distributors
What’s newsworthy for investor engagement?
The raise process takes time, so we need to be able to keep potential investors engaged throughout the process.
We achieve this by distributing newsworthy content to the investor database on a regular basis, below outlines some types of content that would suit:
- Any current or previous PR, articles etc
- Awards, recognition or endorsements
- Distribution opportunities or contracts
- Hitting targets and benchmarks outlined in the Offer Doc
- Innovations, R&D, Patents, IP
- Business expansion and hiring of key staff
- Video content
Prior to the Offer going live, we need several pieces of content that can be staggered throughout the raise.
To make sure the content is engaging, we like to include images to support the text or if it’s been hosted elsewhere or it’s a video, then a link is fine.
Live-streaming a webinar is a great way for potential investors to connect with the key people behind the business and get answers to any questions that they may have.
We will livestream via Zoom and organise on your behalf, the benefits are:
- It gives you the opportunity to provide more insights on your business and the Offer – you will need to prepare a deck
- It’s a simple platform for potential investors to ask questions
- It’s recorded so it can be viewed at leisure